Credits earned at regionally accredited colleges or universities will be considered for transfer to the Maine College of Health Professions at the time of student admission to the College. A student cannot transfer additional credits from other colleges or universities after admission and matriculation to the College. Matriculated students are those who have formally applied for acceptance into a degree or certificate program and have officially started the program.
Only those courses determined to be equivalent to the courses included in a specific program curriculum plan will be considered for transfer of credits. The grade received for an approved transfer course will be listed as "TR" on the College transcript and the grade will not be calculated into the student's cumulative grade point average.
To transfer credits to the College, the student must:
- Request an official transcript be mailed directly from the institution where the credits were earned to the Registrar’s Office.
- An official course description from the year the credits were earned may be required. Check with the Registrar to determine the necessity of the course description.
- Receive a minimum grade of C in the course.
- Science courses for transfer credit must have been successfully completed within 10 years of matriculating into a program of study at the College.
- Degree specific courses for transfer credits must have been successfully completed within 2 years of matriculating into a program of study at the College.
- A maximum number of 30 credits may be transferred into the College.
Exceptions will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Program Director. These courses must be congruent with the course descriptions published in the College catalog.