Financial Aid Eligibility
A student is eligible for financial assistance at the MCHP if he or she:
- is a citizen of the United States or is an eligible non-citizen;
- is not in default on a previous loan;
- does not owe a refund on a previous grant or scholarship;
- has not previously earned a baccalaureate degree [only applies to Pell and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)];
- is a matriculated student;
- is enrolled in at least 3 credit hours each semester;
- is making satisfactory academic progress; and demonstrates financial need.
Additional information regarding financial aid may be obtained from Maine College of Health Professions' Financial Aid Office. Phone (207) 795-2270.
Willful falsification or omission of information on the application is a criminal offense punishable under Maine and federal laws.
Independent Student Status
To qualify for independent status, students must be financially independent of their parents, and meet the Department of Education's criteria of independence. A student is considered to be automatically independent if he or she:
- is at least 24 years old;
- is a veteran or member of the United States Armed Forces;
- is an orphan or ward of the court;
- has legal dependents other than a spouse;
- is married; or
- an emancipated minor or someone who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.