RN Post Graduate Cardiac Residency
MCHP Offers RN Post Graduate Residency Program
In 2013, MCHP created a certificate program for RNs seeking a specialty in cardiac nursing at CMMC.
The Program Objectives' primary purpose is to provide cardiac education and training to registered nurses that will result in certification and placement in CMMC's cardiac units. These include the Cardiopulmonary Acute Care Unit, CMHVI Cardiac Single Stay Unit, and CMMC Intensive Care Unit.
Program Objectives also include the following skills, as part of the certification process:
• Continual demonstration of professional behavior.
• Ability to communicate effectively to the patient, family, and interdisciplinary care team.
• Utilization of evidence-based practice in cardiac care as defined by national guidelines and standards.
• Demonstration of solid clinical inquiry into cardiac care decision-making.
• Ability to coordinate care management needs of the cardiac patient.
MCHP gives special thanks to the Gertrude and Theresa Plante Fund for providing the monetary support and inspiration to make the MCHP Cardiac Residency Program possible.