MissionThe Central Maine Medical College of Nursing Alumni Association, a charitable, tax-exempt 501(c )(3) organization, exists to promote the rich history of the College of Nursing, and to support the practice, development and empowerment of nursing through quality education, and to connect alumni to the school/college and to each other.
"The association is organized exclusively for educational, charitable, and social purposes."
This association is organized in support of and for the advancement of interest in the Central Maine Medical Center Maine College of Health Professions (formerly the CMMC/CMGH School of Nursing), its students, alumni and faculty. The association works for the promotion of the professional and educational advancement of nursing.
To achieve these goals the association has a rich and long-standing tradition of aiding students and alumni by sponsoring:
• Free membership in the association to students for the graduation year.
• Loans and scholarships to deserving students.
• A holiday luncheon each December.
• An alumni award at graduation consisting of a pin and a check for $500.
• Funds for continuing education for graduate nurses.
• An informative newsletter published three times a year.
• The Elise Lawton Award, given to a senior student.